Who Can Restore a Seminole Condo After a Kitchen Fire?
SERVPRO Technicians Perform 24/7 Fire Damage Restoration for Seminole Homes
Kitchen fires are among the most common types of home fire-related disasters in the US today, as well as among the most underreported in the country. However, even a small flare-up can leave behind hard-to-remove soot, odors, and residues in nooks and crannies in your Seminole property that can cause further damage and property loss over time.
If your Seminole condo requires fire damage restoration after a kitchen fire, SERVPRO technicians are available 24/7 to return your home to a preloss state that minimizes both structure and contents loss.
What Types of Cooking Are Most Likely to Cause Fires?
- Unattended cooking. One of the most common causes of cooking fires in Seminole is leaving food that is cooking or baking unattended. Have someone mind cooking food at all times to minimize the fire damage risk from cooking oils and fats, appliance failures, and nearby flammable materials igniting.
- Pan-frying and deep-frying. Frying foods can be particularly risky due to its ability to spray grease on counters and other nearby surfaces. This spread gives a potential fire more ways to quickly spread, especially if dousing with water is attempted over other mitigation methods.
- Cooking on faulty stoves. An old or faulty electrical stove can eventually run the risk of a fire due to electrical arcing or other concerns as well as from cooking. Have a professional evaluate your stove to ensure that it is safe to use or update your Seminole home’s fixtures as soon as you are able.
- Cooking on gas stoves. Because gas stoves utilize an open flame, it is vital to be particularly careful to prevent a kitchen fire. Utilize fire suppression methods like a Type B fire extinguisher or range hood dispersion system to keep a fire from spreading.
What Does a Typical Homeowners Insurance Policy Cover in Terms of Fire Damage?
As long as the fire is not intentionally set, your policy is likely to cover at least some repair costs. Here is a rundown of the types of coverage you are likely to find in your policy:
- Personal property coverage. Personal property coverage applies to the contents of your home, which can include items like furniture, clothing, and appliances. Most homeowners’ insurance policies feature some amount of personal property protection so that contents can be replaced or repaired.
- Dwelling coverage. This type of coverage applies to both the home itself as well as garages and other such structures that may be attached to the home. Dwelling coverage often covers the bulk of repairs to a home’s structure after a fire, as well as additional living costs incurred if your home is uninhabitable during restoration.
- Detached structures coverage. This aspect of your policy is aimed at covering structures on your property that are not attached to the home, such as detached garages, sheds, and fences.
SERVPRO professionals coordinate with claims adjusters and insurance providers to minimize headaches for Seminole homeowners while streamlining the claims filing process.
Next time you review your policy, consider asking your agent about the following:
- Does your personal property coverage limit offer adequate compensation for property loss in your home?
- Is this coverage determined by the actual cash value of items in your home or replacement costs that take depreciation into account?
- Does your policy also cover damage to landscaping on your property?
How Does SERVPRO Restore Fire-Damaged Dishware?
Ceramics, glass, and other dishes in your kitchen and dining room are highly vulnerable to damage from a fire. These damages can manifest in a variety of ways, including the following:
- Staining from soot and residues
- Cracks and warping from heat damage
- Strong odors, particularly from kitchen grease fires
Dishes may be among the first contents to be cleaned in your kitchen to prevent any damage from oily soils from rendering these items unable to be returned to a preloss state. SERVPRO professionals typically treat dishes with a pre-soak in an alkaline detergent solution or industrial-grade cleaner before washing. Ultrasonic machines are also utilized for cleaning of delicate contents like dishware.
Fine china and crystal, on the other hand, require even more delicate care, as the alkaline cleaners that are well-suited to everyday dishes can damage these more decorative pieces in your Seminole property’s china cabinet. Careful manual cleaning commences quickly to prevent acidic soot residues from etching into these items.
SERVPRO of Seminole & Central Gulf Beaches provides homeowners with peace of mind and cost savings because We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster. Call (727) 391-6212 to have a team at your home within hours after your initial contact.