How Do You Rid Mold from a Business?
SERVPRO Remediates Commercial Mold Damage for Seminole Businesses Using Professional Mitigation Techniques
What professionals do you need for mold remediation?
Scientists and industrial hygienists can direct remediation services at your Seminole business. However, the heavy lifting is carried out by an applied microbial remediation technician (AMRT). AMRT's can operate under the guidance of an indoor environmental specialist (IEQ) or follow S500 guidelines for mold remediation in commercial settings. The S500 is a framework that the nationally recognized Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certifications (IICRC) produces for restoration services across the country. SERVPRO technicians are capable of remediating your business safely and responsibly.
How do you manage mold in business premises?
- Contact a mold remediator to make a notification of loss
- Inform staff of the affected areas and avoid unnecessary foot traffic
- Provide any relevant historical information (e.g., flood losses, water damage, etc.) to a mold remediator at the first opportunity
Is it possible to make mold problems worse?
By not enlisting a commercial mold remediator for your Seminole business, the problem is likely to worsen. Cross-contamination may also significantly aggravate an existing microbial growth issue. As a business owner, it is essential to communicate to staff about the dangers of spreading mold by entering or coming into contact with infested areas. You may also want to consider turning off air-conditioning to prevent spreading spores. SERVPRO technicians take extra care to avoid cross-contamination in your business premises. We use engineering controls and strict decontamination and containment criteria.
How do you contain mold growth?
- Control entry and exit of the affected area to professional remediators only
- Switch off fans, close windows, turn off air-conditioning or other air-moving devices
- Attempt to seal the area through tenting or negative air-pressure
Commercial mold in business premises can affect your bottom line. Contact SERVPRO of Seminole & Central Gulf Beaches at (727) 391-6212.