If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (727) 391-6212

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Smoky Fires in Pinellas County Bathrooms Can Curl Your Hair--Call SERVPRO, the Professional Straightener

9/25/2018 (Permalink)

Pinellas County Faulty Electrical Incidents Often Lead to Fire and Smoke Damage.

A Faulty Hair Straightener Can Cause a Fire inside Your Pinellas County Home

Everyone needs to get ready before work, but when your morning routine causes fire damage inside of your bathroom and burns through your hair care products, your morning can become quite overwhelming. Leaving the hair straightener to heat up while you get dressed seems like a reasonable thing, and in most regards it is harmless. In fact, many people do this.
However, faulty wiring inside your device, or a faulty outlet, can create fire damage inside your Pinellas County home. The fire can burn through and melt the plastic pieces on your hair straightener, fusing them onto your sink. Additionally, the fire can spread to your hair care products, turning them into a bubbling and burnt mess. The fire is easy enough to put out but, by that time, your sink has already been covered in char and soot stains.
Your bathroom now has a foul odor from the fire. Additionally, the sink is stained black in places from the burned material. In this situation, calling for professional remediation services as soon as possible is the best thing you can do for your home.
When you call SERVPRO, our technicians make it a priority to travel to your residence swiftly. After our initial investigation, our IICRC-certified techs can use chemical, lubricative, or abrasive cleaning methods on your sink to help lift the char stains. Sometimes, SERVPRO can decide to try abrasive methods first, to remove any dry and flaky soot materials. If solvents are added to dry bits of soot, the soot can absorb it and become harder to clean. Afterward, SERVPRO can apply chemical solutions to help lift and wipe away the stains from your sink.
The first and last steps that SERVPRO techs can do for your home is to use a ULV fogger to address the malodor left behind by the fire.  The device dispenses a solution as a fog that is engineered to tackle the very particles that cause the undesirable odor and neutralize them. We also, upon arriving, sealed the bathroom and vent to prevent the circulation of smoky odors to unaffected regions of the home. In some instances, we can set up a hydroxyl generator to further grapple with the bad odors.
If a faulty cosmetic device causes fire damage inside of your home, do not let yourself hesitate. Use your phone to dial SERVPRO of Seminole & Central Gulf Beaches  (727) 391-6212. No matter the day or the time, we're are always open to assist you.

Here is this Gulf Coast County

Other News

View Recent Posts