What Do I Do When My Items are Burnt and Soaked After a Fire?
Not all of your belongings are lost after a fire. Call SERVPRO to help restore your personal possessions.
SERVPRO Restores Your Seminole Home After a Fire and Takes Care of Wet Belongings
If the fire department used water to extinguish the fire in your home or a sprinkler system activated, you might face not only fire damage but also water damage. It can be challenging to know what to do first when looking at a substantial loss from both fire and water. As Florida residents, we understand the importance of removing excess moisture quickly to prevent further damage, such as mold growth. Our restorations specialists assess the damage and go about the task of prioritizing tasks to bring your home back to preloss status.
Do I Need to Throw Away All Belongings if They Are Soaked?
No, SERVPRO Restoration Specialists Strive to Clean and Restore Your Items Over Replacing Them
We understand the importance of keeping costs down when repairing your Seminole fire-damaged home. Our technicians look to restore, clean, and renovate rather than ripping out, disposing, and replacing. If items require extensive cleaning, the technicians may choose to bring them to a secure offsite cleaning and storage facility.
How Do Technicians Mitigate Water Damage?
- They remove anything sprayed with a sprinkler system or by fire-fighters such as carpet, books, and artwork on the walls.
- They use moisture sensors and meters first to detect the amount of water and then how much water is present in the flooring and walls.
- Extract water from and clean the carpet, freeing it from stains and smoke residue.
- In addition to deodorizing from smoke odors, technicians make sure to deodorize wet materials.
- In conjunction with air purification equipment, technicians use air movers and dehumidifiers to dry the home.
The damage brought to your home by fire seldom has a straight-forward solution. Our restoration experts understand that each situation is different and create a unique plan to address your needs. They are adept restoring a home after both fire and water damage and can employ these skills to tackle both at once.
For 24/7 assistance, contact SERVPRO of Seminole & Central Gulf Beaches at (727) 391-6212.
More about Seminole.
How Long Should I Wait Before Calling in Professionals for a Water Issue in my Seminole Home?
If your home has an unexpected water emergency, contact SERVPRO of Seminole & Central Gulf Beaches at (727) 391-6212.
Water and Plumbing Issues Typically Degrade Over Time. By Calling a Professional Water Restorer to your Seminole Home, you can Help to Limit Further Losses.
Is it dangerous to continue living in a house with water issues?
While some water issues might seem benign, they can cause significant water damage to your Seminole home. Sewer backups can expose your home to various bacteria and viruses. Equally, a clean water leak can become a source of contamination over days as microbial organisms breed and reproduce in the presence of moisture. Leaving a known water issue over a more extended period can even result in structural damages that then require a lengthy and expensive restoration procedure. Most home insurance requires that the homeowner take necessary steps to mitigate and prevent property damages through maintenance. By enlisting the help of SERVPRO, you can ensure that your property gets back to a sanitary state quickly and efficiently.
What steps can I take to mitigate losses in my home after discovering a water issue?
• Isolating the source of water is essential to limiting losses. These may include removing appliance connections to the water supply or avoid using the plumbing system in your home.
• Limiting the spread of moisture from the source by shutting doors or placing fabric blockers in place to prevent water migration
• If water comes from a single source try to catch it using containers or by placing plastic tarpaulins on the floor
• Ventilating the affected area as much as possible to encourage airflow and evaporation as well as lowering the relative humidity
• If there is widespread water migration, for example, flooding, carefully remove any items out of the path of water- if you have doubts about doing this safely, wait for a restorer
• Avoid using the affected areas of your home as doing so can increase the spread of water and lead to cross-contamination
How can I prevent heavy furniture from exposure to water?
Larger furnishings like couches and armchairs can be tough to remove from a flooded area. However, it is vital to the longevity of the furniture that these are not consistently exposed or partially submerged in water. As part of our mitigation services, our technicians can help to limit exposure to moisture by blocking heavy items. Blocking furniture involves placing large flood blocks beneath the legs of the furniture and propping them up above the standing water level. These methods can be exceptionally effective at controlling the amount of water exposure in your Seminole property, as well as the resulting damages to your contents.
How should I keep my possessions out of harm's way in a water emergency?
Removing items from the vicinity of flooding waters or leaks can be a tricky task. There is the potential for slip and trip hazards in a property with a water emergency, especially when there are high standing water levels. There is also a risk of spreading water around when moving wet items to dry areas. If there is contamination in the water, taking wet items upstairs can drip grey or black water onto staircase carpets and across the upper levels of your home. SERVPRO technicians, us waterproof polyethylene sheets to protect dry areas of the home when moving items. During on-site storage, we can place wet items onto sheets where they can dry separately without causing further harm.
What kind of damages can to my possessions from exposure to moisture?
• A weakening of furnishing frames which can cup, warp or buckle with consistent water exposure
• Inner rotting of large furniture items or mold growth
• Degradation of wet fabrics if not allowed to air out properly
• Watermarking which creates inconsistent dye color in some areas of the fabric but not others.
• Dye bleeding which can reduce the color of the fabric as well as spreading to other areas like carpets
How long does the drying procedure typically take?
For minor to moderate water spills, the drying procedure can take between two and five days. However, water migration, as well as the architecture of your home, can influence the amount of time it takes to dry. Properties with larger rooms and higher ceilings can take longer. Dry outs involve placing water restoration equipment like air-movers, venting fans or dehumidifiers in the affected area, and exchanging humid indoor air with dry outdoor air. This process can seem slow, but controlling the relative humidity in your home is essential to drying while preventing microbial growth.
How can I dry out a large room more efficiently?
Drying depends on psychrometric factors. In a larger space, it can be challenging to control factors like humidity and temperature, which results in standard pieces of equipment taking longer to perform. To maintain drying efficiency, SERVPRO technicians can create smaller drying zones or tents to focus on equipment. Using a polyethylene sheet and weighing the perimeter down with sandbags can create a smaller drying zone. By attaching equipment hoses to air-movers, dehumidifiers, or fans, we can create a drying tent. Drying tents can be useful for efficiently drying floors or areas where the water damage is most prominent.
If your home has an unexpected water emergency, contact SERVPRO of Seminole & Central Gulf Beaches at (727) 391-6212.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Seminole, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned,but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Seminole & Central Gulf Beaches today at (727) 391-6212 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Is My Flooded Seminole Home Safe to Stay In?
Look at this flood damage in Seminole. SERVPRO can come to the rescue. To keep your feet dry.
Flooding Can Be Hazardous and Harmful Depending on the Situation, But Our SERVPRO Professionals Can Work to Get You Back Home Quickly.
There is a considerable volume of misinformation online about what constitutes an emergency or disaster for your home. Flooding is one of the circumstances that could always present potentially harmful conditions, especially with standing water existing in multiple areas of the property. Determining if the house in Seminole is safe to stay in after flooding often comes down more to a compiling of information from our SERVPRO team and your insurance adjuster.
What Makes Natural Flooding Such a Concern?
Flood damage to Seminole homes can be an amplified and hazardous situation when natural flooding has occurred. There are many potential threats and harmful substances and debris that can get carried into the property with natural flooding and flash flooding circumstances, including:
- Viral and Bacterial Pathogens – Pathogenic threats exist when bacteria get introduced to the otherwise clean and sanitary environment of your home. Depending on the source of viral or bacterial threats, these microbes can exist for days or even weeks if not correctly cleaned and disinfected.
- Volatile Organic Compounds – When microorganisms like spores seat into organic materials and form colonies, they emit volatile organic compounds that can cause health effects to humans and pets exposed.
- Decaying Solids – With flash flooding, it is not uncommon for rushing water to grab animals or carcasses and deposit them in or around your house. Decaying solids like this can be a concentrated point for bacteria.
- Microbial Growth – Unmanaged water on your floors or throughout the property can develop into mold threats in as little as 48 hours. Mold can spread quickly and require our Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT) to resolve.
Our professionals have extensive training and experience in the cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting of your flooded home after a disaster. Our SERVPRO of Seminole & Central Gulf Beaches team can get you back home quickly. Call us at (727) 391-6212.
How Do I Deal with Flooding in My Home?
SERVPRO has the capabilities to mitigate the storm damage in your Seminole home
Have SERVPRO Flood Damage Specialists Dry and Restore Your Seminole Home
The latest rainstorm was a great excuse to huddle inside your Seminole home and watch a movie. Unfortunately, you didn’t notice, before going to bed, that the accumulated rainwater forced floodwater all night through a crack in the foundation that settled in the guest bedroom, hall bathroom, and farther inside until you finally saw it soaking into your bedroom carpet the next morning.
How are we going to get rid of the floodwater and reduce the damage?
To eliminate flood damage in your Seminole home, our Water Restoration Technicians (WRTs) have to remove the contaminated floodwater quickly. Every cubic inch contains not just the soil that flooded in with the water, but also any shampoos, food particles, and other contaminants inside the carpets, other floorings, drywall, and personal property. They do this with specific tasks:
Spraying down the surface of the water with an anti-bacterial agent to eliminate the threat of mold growing in the home
Using commercial grade pumps and extractors to draw the floodwater out of the home and into the nearest sewer
Tearing out carpets, flooring, walls, and ceiling panels too soaked with water for restoration. This also includes rain-soaked insulation.
Can SERVPRO rebuild all of the damage caused by the floodwater?
In many cases, the answer is yes. Our restoration teams are well-trained and experienced when it comes to minor and major construction. They can perform most tasks to include installing new drywall and flooring and even repairing the foundation.
Can SERVPRO help with my insurance claim?
Yes, our office has years of experience with every major insurance carrier licensed in the state of Florida. SERVPRO can help you when it comes to filing a claim and working with your agent every step of the way until we return your home to you in a dry, clean condition.
SERVPRO of Seminole & Central Gulf Beaches WRTs and restoration teams are proud to serve our local community. If you have had recent flooding or want to learn more about what we can do to restore your home to its pre-flood condition, call us at (727) 391-6212 today.
Can I Get Rid of the Excess Water in My Home on My Own?
Water clean up in Seminole? SERVPRO has your back, call at (727) 391-6212. We will be ready to help.
Calling the Experts for Water Cleanup Ensures your Seminole Home is Back to Normal Faster.
Many homeowners decide to handle water damage by themselves as a way to try to save some money. However, in many cases, this leads to problems from hidden moisture where damage multiples, and then mold growth sets in. Calling in the help of the trained professionals at SERVPRO ensures your home is free of excess moisture and microbial dangers.
How Does SERVPRO Assist with Water Cleanup Services?
Our team arrives on the job site, ready to start with a full assessment. This assessment allows us to create a clear picture of the water damage to your Seminole home so that we can formulate a plan of action and get your interior back to normal. You can count on us for:
- Skilled water restoration technicians (WRT) that have certification through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration (IICRC). We have water damage expertise, and We Are Faster To Any Size Disaster!
- Our team here is available to operate on your schedule. Offering 24/7 emergency services allows us to be there when you need us.
- We always have the latest technology and equipment at our disposal to ensure you get the prompt water removal and cleanup you deserve.
What Equipment Does Your Team Have That I Don’t?
In order to perform successful water cleanup, it takes more than removing visible fluids. Your home has small cavities where water can migrate, which calls for moisture sensor technology that most homeowners do not have. In addition to these tools, our Green Fleet also comes equipped with:
- Truck-mounted and submersible pumps that help our teams remove hundreds and even thousands of gallons of water from the worksite.
- Light wands that allow us to pull up water and excess moisture from carpets and carpet padding.
- Anti-microbial cleaning agents and disinfectants that help to inhibit microorganism and bacterial growth that can bring about foul odors and dangerous mold and mildew.
How Can You Tell if All the Water is Cleaned Up?
Not only do we have the training to follow the path of water migration, but we also have a wide variety of tools that allow us to detect areas where moisture might be hiding. Some of the tools that we use to help us locate and monitor hidden moisture pockets include:
- Moisture sensors allow us to determine levels of moisture left in soft or porous materials like carpets and carpet padding.
- Moisture meters include non-penetrating and penetrating methods to tell us the moisture content left behind in various materials.
- Borescopes and inspection cameras help us to get readings inside wall cavities without the need for complete removal.
- Thermo-hygrometers are devices that help to measure temperature and relative humidity levels in the air.
Why Don’t DIY Cleanup Methods Work?
When you try cleaning up water on your own, the chances are high that some moisture still remains. If you have tile floors, water can seep between the cracks, get under the tiles, and cause them to lift. If you have carpets with padding and any moisture lingers, it can cause immense damage to the subfloor below. Such hidden moisture also brings about harmful microbial growth and excessive damage from mold that calls for further restoration to your home.
We Address Embedded Moisture
At SERVPRO, our skilled technicians will not only find the hidden moisture, but we ensure that nothing is left behind that can cause harmful microbe growth and foul odors. We can remove your baseboards and any damaged flooring to pull up anything that may be left in the subfloor and floor joists. If water wicked up into your drywall, our technicians perform flood cuts for controlled demolition. By merely cutting about six inches above the waterline, we can dry the area behind the wall and then replace the drywall so that the repair is seamless.
What About Saturated Belongings in My Home?
As we work through your home to salvage whatever possible, our team puts a plan into place to facilitate drying and restoration of various belongings. Furnishings may have cushions that we can tent and set up industrial fans that allow air to circulate all around them. For damage to upholstery, brushing with soft, and sturdy bristles will allow us to restore the pile of the fabric while removing any mold or topical soiling. Other items in your home may be packed out and brought to an area where they can be thoroughly dried and treated with gentle cleaning agents or disinfectants.
Should you have carpeting in your home that is unable to salvage, we ensure that all of the carpet and padding below is completely removed so that the subfloor can be addressed and dried thoroughly. Our crew also follows the path of water migration to ensure no lingering moisture is hidden behind baseboards and walls.
Give us a call at SERVPRO of Seminole & Central Gulf Beaches when you need help with professional water cleanup. You can reach us at (727) 391-6212, and we will send a team out as soon as possible to start the assessment and water damage restoration planning.
Click here to learn more about Seminole.
Looking for Assistance with Preventative Cleaning near Seminole?
Remind employees to clean things on their desks. SERVPRO does the rest.
SERVPRO of Seminole and Central Gulf Beaches Can Help.
Our area has been a hub of social activity and business. It’s only reasonable that we all worry about the possibility of coronavirus spreading throughout our communities. It can cause concern for anyone, but especially those working in necessary service-jobs and at a business that remains open.
So, how can our SERVPRO operation help to provide preventative cleaning for your Seminole property?
- Advanced cleaning techniques that deliver wet mists and wet fog applications to hard to reach surfaces. We also offer advanced HEPA air cleaning technology. Of course, we clean often used touchpoints and surfaces as suggested by the CDC and state and county agencies.
- SERVPRO mitigation/restoration personnel are highly trained in biohazard cleaning. These individuals have completed certification programs and they understand CDC, EPA and OSHA protocols concerning bacteria, viruses, and microbial cleaning. They do this work on a consistent basis.
- Our team members live and work in this part of southwest Florida and we all have a desire to help our community as we defend our families, friends, business acquaintances, and neighbors against the spread of the coronavirus infection.
- Service is available 24/7 with the flexibility to meet your needs. One time and multi-service plans are available.
- Consulting is available. We can customize a cleaning and disinfecting plan for your Seminole area commercial property or public space.
If you have any concerns about the safety of your business, home or workplace, please contact SERVPRO of Seminole & Central Gulf Beaches at 727-391-6212. We are open and ready to help.
Advice from the medical and scientific community regarding how to deal with the coronavirus is based on present knowledge, which is subject to change as the situation changes.
We Are The Experts You Can Trust In Seminole After A Flood
We have the necessary equipment to restore your home after a flood. Call us right away, we are available 24/7.
What Do I Do When My Seminole Home Floods?
Call SERVPRO to Remove the Flood Damage From Your Seminole Home
Flood damage is an unfortunate eventuality for anyone who lives in Florida. Hurricanes and other seasonal storms are a regular occurrence, and they can cause damage to your home through their intense winds and rains.
When flood damage hits your Seminole home, how can SERVPRO help you?
- Arrival: Floods impact us all. We may need to remove trees from the roads or wait for the flooding to cease but, here at SERVPRO, we are determined to arrive at your home as quickly as possible.
- Removal: Our technicians use advanced equipment to combat flood damage. Using devices such as wet/dry vacuums, extractors, and sump pumps, we can get the water out of your home swiftly.
- Drying: To help ensure that no moisture lingers behind, SERVPRO can use flood drying mats, heaters, and dehumidifiers.
- Sanitization: Our flood damage remediation technicians can use antimicrobial agents to help reduce the likelihood of mold damage from forming.
Get in touch with SERVPRO of Seminole & Central Gulf Beaches by dialing (727) 391-6212 today. Our technicians are ready to help you.
See more about Seminole.
Introducing the Simple Way to Commercial Water Damage Remediation in Seminole
When your lobby or any part of your business has water damage, team SERVPRO will respond quickly to your emergency call. Call us today.
Commercial Water Damage Seminole – Community Connections
When disaster strikes, knowing whom to call for assistance can make a massive difference to your business. A fast response is critical to ensure that your downtime is kept to a minimum. Water damage can occur at any time affecting your business operations, even causing operations to shut down for an extended period.
SERVPRO provides water damage services in Seminole and surrounding areas. We are involved within the community, supporting local events and maintaining strong ties with local insurance adjusters, the Better Business Bureau, and the Condominium Association Institute. Connections within the community and a reputation for providing professional services efficiently combined with a fast response make our team the number one company to call in an emergency.
Coordination Water Mitigation and Reconstruction
After the water has inundated your commercial property, the initial reaction may be to attempt to manage the situation utilizing employees and avoiding outside assistance. Many commercial owners quickly realize that the professionals are needed with the appropriate equipment to remove the water and moisture before dealing with the damage that has occurred.
SERVPRO can provide skilled technical services as well as the necessary equipment to remove standing water, remove moisture, and dry your commercial space. We deploy in less than four hours and are available 24 hours a day / seven days a week. We are also well connected within the community. We can coordinate with insurance adjusters as well as your subcontractors to begin reconstruction or repairs that may be needed, once your building has been dried.
Our connections within the community and our fast response can help to reduce the total water damage, your downtime, and improve customer service. SERVPRO also offers an Emergency READY Program to assist customers. The creation of the SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile is free and provides many significant advantages to our commercial customers. Call us for more information about this great program.
Call SERVPRO of Seminole & Central Gulf Beaches at (727) 391-6212 for 24/7 service. We proudly serve North Redington Beach, Indian Shores, and surrounding areas. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Click here for more information about Seminole.
Flood Damage in Your Seminole Home
For 24/7 assistance, contact SERVPRO of Seminole & Central Gulf Beaches at (727) 391-6212.
Flood Damage Cleanup In Your Seminole Home
A fact of life when you live in Florida is that you have to deal with the potential of flooding quite often, especially during the heavy rains of the summer. Even though you may understand that floods are possible and also may prepare your home, going through the destruction a flood brings is often very traumatic.
Having flood damage in your Seminole home does not just mean that you are dealing with water removal. You have to consider odors and cleaning after the dirty floodwaters. After SERVPRO technicians remove standing water and unwanted debris, they go about the task of cleaning and deodorizing. They do this as quickly as possible to mitigate secondary damage, such as dangerous mold infestations.
An essential part of the cleaning process is to remove moisture from materials by drying them through the use of extraction devices such as portable wands, high-velocity air movers, and dehumidifiers. They work in conjunction together to replace damp cold air with dry, warm air by pulling the wet air into the dehumidifier and exhausts warm, dry air.
In cases that require deodorization, air scrubbers, or air filtration devices (AFDs) are essential to help improve the air quality in the affected areas. The AFDs help control air contaminants as well as smells. AFDs are most effective when the filtration system works appropriately, usually by layering the filters in three layers. The primary filter near the intake port of the machine serves to grab the large pieces of debris. The secondary layer is a pleated filter that rates a higher capture amount than the primary filter. Here you may find specialty filters for deodorization such as SERVPRO’s Odor-Cleanz filter. The final layer is the HEPA filter that takes 99.97 percent of particles and contaminants out of the air.
After the floodwaters recede, sludge and dirt often remain behind. Upholstery, fabric, and carpet have to be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected to ensure that dangerous microbes do not grow. Technicians can remove these items from the home to clean them safely in an offsite facility. Extreme floodwater contamination can also require discarding content and structural materials.
For 24/7 assistance, contact SERVPRO of Seminole & Central Gulf Beaches at (727) 391-6212.
For more about Seminole click here.