How Mold Damage Devours Seminole Home Surfaces
Seminole SERVPRO Mold Mitigation Provided by Knowledgeable, Trained Technicians
While tackling mold removal can often seem feasible enough for Seminole property owners, DIY solutions can expose occupants to spores. Moreover, dislodging spored without the proper safeguards can unintentionally spread them throughout the property and create additional damages.
Seminole SERVPRO mold mitigation professionals render cleanup and repair services around the clock. These technicians are trained to safely handle microbes and prevent them from spreading throughout the property during remediation.
How Mold Damages Home Structures and Contents
Mold seeps into and eats away at structural materials by exuding digestive enzymes that gradually break down these materials.
- Wood surfaces, including wall framing, can often be restored after mold exposure, but extensive microbe proliferation can cause staining.
- Finished ceramic tile and masonry are restorable and often unaffected by microbes. Grout, however, is much more porous and more likely to need replacement after microbial exposure.
- Drywall impacted by mold to the point that it is crumbling, bubbling, or sagging is more economical to replace than repair. However, controlled demolition of only unsalvageable areas minimizes replacement expenses.
SERVPRO technicians cannot guarantee total mold removal, but they can remediate microbe populations to pre-disaster levels that are safe and sanitary for residential spaces.
SERVPRO Mold Mitigation Processes Halt the Damage and Help Property Owners Save
SERVPRO’s responsiveness and training are crucial for ensuring that homes are restored to a pre-disaster state. Still, their commercial-grade tools and EPA-registered biocide solutions allow them to carry out necessary mitigation and restoration tasks. This team’s restoration loadout is designed to perform per Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards.
Some of the tools SERVPRO uses in a typical mold damage scenario may include:
- Penetrating and non-penetrating moisture sensors and meters and thermal imaging cameras can peer behind walls, floors, and ceilings.
- When used over open wall cavities, vents, and doorways, polyethylene sheeting and tape can prevent mold spores from migrating to other rooms or through ductwork.
- SERVPRO personal protective equipment (PPE) is essential for mitigating mold without the accidental spread of spores. Equipment, including bodysuits, shoe coverings, respirators, and gloves, protects technicians during remediation and can be decontaminated in designated spaces for additional safety.
- Moisture extraction tools, including portable and truck-mounted units, remediate moisture than can exacerbate microbial growth. This process uses a combination of vacuuming, heating, and pumping systems to address the excess water on various surfaces. While most may only need the vacuum component, salvageable porous contents like drapes and upholstery may require the other two systems.
- Drying equipment, including air movers and dehumidification units, are carefully positioned to control relative humidity in the air and specific humidity on surfaces. Air movement pulls moisture off wet surfaces like flooring and drywall and pushes it toward the dehumidifier. The dehumidifier then passes this air over surfaces like refrigerant coils or silica gel to create condensation, isolated and collected for disposal.
- HEPA-filter vacuums and air scrubbers help control mold spore travel by lowering air pressure and collecting loose spores that fall to the ground. This process ensures safer and more thorough mitigation of mold populations.
SERVPRO of Seminole & Central Gulf Beaches renders 24/7 mitigation and restoration services that return homes to a “Like it never even happened” state. Contact the team at (727) 391-6212 for emergency-response inspection and cleanup.