What Do I Do When My Items are Burnt and Soaked After a Fire?
SERVPRO Restores Your Seminole Home After a Fire and Takes Care of Wet Belongings
If the fire department used water to extinguish the fire in your home or a sprinkler system activated, you might face not only fire damage but also water damage. It can be challenging to know what to do first when looking at a substantial loss from both fire and water. As Florida residents, we understand the importance of removing excess moisture quickly to prevent further damage, such as mold growth. Our restorations specialists assess the damage and go about the task of prioritizing tasks to bring your home back to preloss status.
Do I Need to Throw Away All Belongings if They Are Soaked?
No, SERVPRO Restoration Specialists Strive to Clean and Restore Your Items Over Replacing Them
We understand the importance of keeping costs down when repairing your Seminole fire-damaged home. Our technicians look to restore, clean, and renovate rather than ripping out, disposing, and replacing. If items require extensive cleaning, the technicians may choose to bring them to a secure offsite cleaning and storage facility.
How Do Technicians Mitigate Water Damage?
- They remove anything sprayed with a sprinkler system or by fire-fighters such as carpet, books, and artwork on the walls.
- They use moisture sensors and meters first to detect the amount of water and then how much water is present in the flooring and walls.
- Extract water from and clean the carpet, freeing it from stains and smoke residue.
- In addition to deodorizing from smoke odors, technicians make sure to deodorize wet materials.
- In conjunction with air purification equipment, technicians use air movers and dehumidifiers to dry the home.
The damage brought to your home by fire seldom has a straight-forward solution. Our restoration experts understand that each situation is different and create a unique plan to address your needs. They are adept restoring a home after both fire and water damage and can employ these skills to tackle both at once.
For 24/7 assistance, contact SERVPRO of Seminole & Central Gulf Beaches at (727) 391-6212.
More about Seminole.