If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (727) 391-6212

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

When a Mischievous Pet Causes Fire Damage in Seminole

3/15/2022 (Permalink)

dog sitting in chair he tore up Pets can damage furniture as well as start a fire. If you are facing fire damage, contact SERVPRO for remediation as well as preventative tips.

SERVPRO Suggests Fire Prevention Tips When There are Pets in the House

If you are a pet owner in Seminole, you may want to have a pet fire safety plan in place to avoid future tragedy. Indeed, the National Fire Protection Association statistics indicate that pets cause about 1,000 house fires every year. On the other hand, home fires affect approximately 500,000 pets each year -- all the more reason to emphasize pet safety for your household. 

Having a reputable fire damage restoration company like SERVPRO at hand can be helpful in the aftermath of a fire disaster. We have an emergency fire damage response team in Seminole that can respond quickly to your situation. Our technicians are highly trained and certified by the IICRC, and we use industry-standard tools and techniques in every restoration job. 

An excellent way to prevent fire damage is minimizing the exposure of cords to your pets. In addition to being safety hazards (such as causing electrocution when a cat or dog chews on them), electrical cords can short out, spark, and cause a massive fire. Generally, it is advisable to stay away from any damaged cords. 

Rolling and then hiding your cords behind furniture or a more secure location can go a long way towards preventing fire damage caused by pets. If it is not possible to hide the cable, consider unplugging it and then wiping it with a cloth daubed with bitter apple spray. This type of cord cover is highly effective at keeping some pets away. 

At SERVPRO, we receive many cases of house fires started by pets due to burning candles. You can reduce the risk of fire damage by eliminating them or using flameless candles. However, keep in mind that flameless candles use batteries that your pet can chew on, causing a significant digestive upset. If you really need to set the proper mood lighting, be sure to place the candles in the safest locations possible. 

While pets are adorable, they are also mischievous and can accidentally cause house fires when left alone. If tragedy strikes, you can count on SERVPRO of Seminole & Central Gulf Beaches to reverse any fire damage sustained. We have an extensive stock of resources that helps us restore your property to preloss conditions quickly and efficiently, "Like it never even happened." Call us today at (727) 391-6212. 

Other News

View Recent Posts