Dealing with Fire Damage in a Seminole Home
SERVPRO Helps Homeowners Save Time and Money on Claims Filing and Fire Cleanup
Even small fires can leave behind potentially expensive damages. HVAC systems, tile grout, appliances, and electronics often need soot cleanup to prevent potential corrosion caused by moisture exposure. Fire damage suppression can exacerbate this and make soot even more challenging for Seminole homeowners to clean and document safely for insurance claims. However, there is a firm available to help with all of these issues and more.
Seminole SERVPRO fire restoration professionals can perform documentation and cleanup before claims adjusters arrive. This service helps homeowners file their proof of loss claims and return their property to a safe and comfortable condition as quickly as possible. SERVPRO restoration strategies comply with Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards for fire cleanup.
How to Handle Fire Damage After it Occurs
Regardless of where the damage happens, homeowners are encouraged to secure the safety of occupants first and foremost. After the fire has been suppressed and occupants are guaranteed safe, homeowners can:
- Call their insurer as soon as possible. The more quickly a claim is filed, the more quickly property owners can be compensated for damages caused by the flames. Insurance agents can also guide you through securing temporary lodgings as needed.
- Another step that can aid a claim is getting a copy of the report from the local fire department.
- If possible, take pictures of damages after the fire department has determined that the home is safe to enter. Collect necessary paperwork and valuables from the residence and medication packaging. Do not consume medication affected by the fire–instead, secure replacements for affected prescriptions.
- Avoid food, cosmetics, toiletries, and other consumable items affected by a house fire. High temperatures and smoke damage often compromise these contents and render them unsafe for use.
SERVPRO can arrive on the scene and begin cleanup before claims adjusters arrive. Technicians coordinate with insurance companies to perform cleanup and restoration services per homeowners’ needs and coverage.
SERVPRO’s Fire Cleanup Process Includes Documentation and Warehouse Storage
When SERVPRO professionals begin work on a home fire, they inspect surfaces and take pictures of structures and contents. Photo and video documentation are also supplemented by SERVPRO’s electronic and paper inventory records, typically used during pack-outs.
During a pack-out, SERVPRO professionals can:
- Pack restorable contents room by room
- Take inventory of items as they are packed for ease of searching later
- Move packed items to an approved SERVPRO warehouse
- Perform restoration of belongings per IICRC protocols
- Allow homeowners access to valuables, documents, and more that they urgently need with the help of the highly-organized inventory system.
SERVPRO pack-out services allow technicians at the property to focus on restoring the structure as thoroughly as possible. Steps to this end include careful debris removal, soot mitigation with everything from dry cleaning sponges to abrasion blasting, and rebuilding services like drywall installation and flooring repair.
Restoration services also include odor control and water removal for fire suppression that is implemented before soot cleanup begins. Simultaneous cleanup of structures onsite and contents off-site can quickly and thoroughly return a Seminole home to a clean and safe condition.
When homeowners need 24/7 service, We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster. Property owners can call SERVPRO of Seminole & Central Gulf Beaches for their restoration needs at (727) 391-6212.